Friday, September 26, 2014

Group project (Bush vs. Gore)

https://docs.google.com/a/jcu.edu/document/d/1oofTodWzGct4M99U9tvbBVuT1NmAMMgISvNuQRUAbzw/edit

Most people vote for Gore but Bush still wins due to regulations of the electoral college.


Conversation between two young voters, Cole and Jaclyn
Cole: I voted for Bush. So glad he won!
Jaclyn: I voted for Gore along with all 20 of my family members! I can’t believe he didn’t win!
Cole: He won because “The United States Electoral College is the institution that officially elects the President and Vice President of the United States every four years. The President and Vice President are not elected directly by the voters.”
Jaclyn: So does this mean that my votes didn’t even matter?!?!?!?!
Cole: The votes of the people influence the decision of the Electoral College because they represent the people based on state.
Jaclyn: That is messed up. Gore would have been a better president!


Now the President speaks to the People
Bush: I am glad to be President even though most of you didn’t vote for me. I promise to lower national debt by tax cuts. I also promise to keep us out of war!



No comments:

Post a Comment